Helium Is Finally Moving From its Custom Blockchain to Solana

Please fol­low and like us:
Pin Share

The com­mu­ni­ty mem­bers of the Inter­net of Things (IoT) blockchain net­work, Heli­um, has vot­ed for a com­plete tran­si­tion to Solana to improve net­work scalability.

  • The HIP 70 pro­pos­al pub­lished by the Heli­um Foun­da­tion has been in the works for sev­er­al months.
  • In August, the foun­da­tion detailed the rea­sons behind the core devel­op­ers’ incli­na­tion to Solana from its own bespoke chain to ramp up Heli­um in terms of speed, sta­bil­i­ty, and abil­i­ty to serve more users.
  • The vote for the migra­tion began on Sep­tem­ber 12. A major­i­ty of 81.41% vot­ed in favor of the migra­tion, while the rest, 18.59%, stood against it.
  • The pro­pos­al states,

“The pro­posed changes in HIP 70 do not change the fun­da­men­tals of the Heli­um Net­work or HNT, but pro­vide sev­er­al ben­e­fits to the Heli­um Net­work includ­ing more HNT avail­able to sub­DAO reward pools, more con­sis­tent min­ing, more reli­able data trans­fer, more util­i­ty for HNT and sub­DAO tokens, and more ecosys­tem support.”

  • After the com­ple­tion of the migra­tion, a new ver­sion of the Heli­um Wal­let App will be unveiled.
  • The his­to­ry of the Heli­um Lay­er 1 blockchain will remain pub­lic, and users can access the new appli­ca­tion by updat­ing their cur­rent wal­let app.
  • The hold­ers of the HNT token will also be able to use oth­er wal­lets with­in the Solana ecosys­tem, includ­ing Phan­tom or Solflare.
  • For the unini­ti­at­ed, Heli­um is a Google-backed start­up found­ed in 2019.
  • It is essen­tial­ly a dis­trib­uted wire­less net­work that offers users cryp­to tokens as rewards for shar­ing their home inter­net ser­vice with a broad­er community.
  • So far, it has attract­ed over 952k active node oper­a­tors, as per the lat­est data.
SPECIAL OFFER (Spon­sored)

Binance Free $100 (Exclu­sive): Use this link to reg­is­ter and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).

PrimeXBT Spe­cial Offer: Use this link to reg­is­ter & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.

Source link

Please fol­low and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.